Whether you are looking for a yummy snack or a special birthday cake, this cake will be your new favorite. It isn’t too difficult, if you follow this recipe and your kids will love it!
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 25 min
Makes one 6in & one 8in round cakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, not natural
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray pans & cover bottom with parchment paper
- Combine together the baking soda, salt, flour and sugar in a medium bowl set aside.
- Heat the butter and water in a medium/saucepan to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in the peanut butter and oil until smooth. Let cool 2 minutes. Transfer to stand mixer.
- Use stand mixer to whisk the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla into wet ingredients until well blended.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and whisk until smooth(do not over mix)
- Pour the batter into the pans and bake for 25 minutes, until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set the cake on a cooling rack while you make the frosting.
Chocolate Buttercream Directions: